The Singer 7468 is similar to the 7469 model in many respect. The stitch patterns and other features are exactly the same as in the 7469. The only differences between the two are the colour on the front of the machines and the overall dimension of the machine.
Features of this machine are as follows:
- It has an adjustable needle which allows high quality stitches to turn out. This sewing machine also features computerized controls to give which provides complex stitches with remarkable precision.
- The front drop-in bobbin is easy to replace. Since the Singer 7468 has built-in embroidery stitches, no hand embroidery is required.
- It has a free arm which allows sewing of things like pant legs. It comes with an integrated needle threader. Since the needle moves vertically (i.e. up/down) sewing can be stopped in the middle.
- It comes with 100 built-in like Straight, Overcast, Overlock, Blind Hem, Shell Tuck, Zigzag etc. The choices for decorative stitches offered are quite remarkable given the price it carries.
- A total of 5 snap-on presser feet comes with this machine. The presser foot lever has 3 height settings for down, up, and extra high up. Presser foot pressure is not adjustable.
- The Singer 7468 uses the horizontal top thread delivery mechanism for smoother thread flow, however an extra spool pin is included for over-sized thread spools.
- The extension arm can be slipped off of the machine allowing for free-arm sewing of circular projects like sleeves, cuffs etc.
- The machine is capable of handling all kinds of fabric. If you use the right needle the machine can handle light fabrics like chiffon, crepes etc as well as hard fabrics like jeans, duck, canvas etc.
- A carry handle is provided on the top of the sewing machine for easy transport, the bobbin cover is see-through, and a work light lights up the needle plate.
The following accessories come with the sewing machine and can be stored in the extension arm:
- 5 pack of needles
- 4 bobbins
- Auxiliary Spool pin
- 2 felt discs
- 3 spool caps (mini, small, and large)
- Buttonhole opener, Brush, Seam Ripper
Not much is known about customer experience of the 7468. But since it is similar to the 7469 model, we can say this machine is a good one. People who have used this machine have given a positive feedback most of the time. It is an easy to use machine; therefore it is suited for beginners.
This machine can work on any type of fabric if you use the right kind of needle. High quality & beautiful stitches that comes out everytime you sew with this machine is also another positive that goes in the favour of this machine. The price of the machine is also quite competitive. All in all this is a machine you would want to have if you are a new comer as far as sewing is concerned.
No comments yet.