Threading a brother sewing machine is somewhat different from threading other brands of sewing machines. That is why it may appear to be a little complicated to some people who are not familiar with the Brother models. Very often the Brother models carry pictures or diagrams showing the procedures of threading them. Here we are describing the procedure of threading a brother model for your convenience.
- Raise the presser foot by lifting the liver located to the right & above the needle. Turn the knob on the side until the needle is raised to its highest position. If turning the knob does not raise the needle then check out if the switch on the middle of the knob is positioned towards needle or not.
- Place the thread spool on the spool holder on the top of the machine & carry a string from the thread to the slot on the far left of the machine.
- Bring down the thread through the connected vertical slot on the front of the machine and back up the parallel slot 1/2 inch to the left of the first slot. At the top of this slot is the thread take-up lever. Loop the thread from the right to left through the take-up lever and bring the thread back down the same vertical slot.
- Tie the thread behind the thread holder above the needle & pass the thread from the front to the back through the needle.
Thread the bobbin:
The bobbin on a brother sewing machine is threaded by winding an empty bobbin on top of the machine. Then that bobbin is removed & inserted into the bobbin case under the main sewing plate.
- Now change the switch position in middle of the knob, located to the side of the machine, to bobbin. Put a spool of thread on the thread holder on top of the machine. Carry the thread across the top of the machine and around the thread guide at the far left side of the machine, and then back to the far right, where the bobbin winding mechanism is located.
- Insert the end of the thread through a hole of the bobbin from the inside & put the bobbin on the winder shaft. Push the bobbin winder to the right so that it touches the small grey wheel.
- Gently press the foot pedal to make the bobbin start winding while holding the end of the thread. When winding is complete cut off the excess thread & press the foot pedal again till the bobbin is full.
- Slide the bobbin winder shaft to the left, take out the bobbin from the shaft & cut off excess thread.
- Again change the position of the switch in the middle of the knob to needle.
- Insert the filled bobbin in the bobbin case and guide the end of the thread through the cut on the side of the case and bring it out through the top of the case.